Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DNow 2010

Hey guys! I truly apologize for my lack of blogging the past couple weeks. I know everybody cried, but it's okay now. Right now I am waiting on my Ethic class to start. English ended an hour early, so I'm just sitting in the Student Center wasting time. Anyways, I don't have much to write about, but I think I will give you a little summary of my weekend.

Throughout high school, I always went to Disciple Now with my church (FBC Montgomery yay!). These retreats were always so much fun to me! For the first few years, we, like most churches, spent the weekend at houses around Montgomery. But a couple of years ago, Stuart and the crew decided that Disciple Now would be better at the 4-H center in Clanton. This took some time to get used to, but I really do love having DNow up there. It's so pretty, and gives you a chance to get out of the city for a little while (with no cell service for AT&T... oh well).
This year, I was a leader. I can't believe I'm actually old enough to be one! Crazy. It really was weird being on the other side of things, but I'm pretty sure I liked it better. It's nice to be able to be a leader while still feeling like a part of Disciple Now.

The speaker this year was Robert Mullins, and worship was led by Chuck Hooten. The theme was "Genesis." In our small groups (Oh, I had 9th grade girls along with Brittany Finch. I looooved having them!! They're so fun!) we talked a lot about the creation of the world. The Bible tells us exactly how it happens. God gives us all the details, yet people still refuse to believe it, and try to come up with crazy and senseless ways that the world was created. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that random things can just bump together and everything that has ever existed can be formed.... whatever. We also talked about how God placed us on earth to worship Him. We have no excuse not to serve Him! Romans 1:20 says "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." He created us in His image and likeness, and we should praise Him for that. (Ok, I need to cut this short because my class is going to be starting soon.) In his messages, Robert talked a lot about the word "shalom." It simply means peace, perfectness, tranquility, completeness..... This is what God gives us when we have a relationship with Him. He wants us to have such an amazing life with Him, and we are so so so so blessed to have Him.

So I just published this blog, but realized I left out a bunch of random details.

- First of all, I hung out with Laurel a whole lot! It was so much fun! We took lots of pictures and just had fun walking around the 4-H center. I was reminded of the good old days of church trips, and really really miss them!
- The 9th grade girls are hilarious. (This year consisted of E.A., Trent, Bailey, Caroline, Candler, Samantha, Kennon, Krisie, Alicia, and Courtney) We had to do a "trust fall," and they fell backwards off of a chair at the top of 4 or 5 steps for everybody to catch them. VERY SCARY! To everyone's surprise I'm sure, I did not participate in falling. Just catching. It was so much fun though!
- Each grade had to do a skit. The 10th grade was soooo funny. I mean of course I wanted the freshmen to win, but the sophomores definitely deserved it! Poor little Anna Webb sprained her ankle during the junior's skit. Hope you're doing okay Anna!
- I can honestly say I have never participated in a free time sport on any FBC trip. Not once. Never played soccer, basketball, football, and definitely not ultimate frisbee. Oh no. I feel like everybody is athletic EXCEPT me. But there's nothing I can do about it now.
- Alex Wolf is just plain amazing. During worship on Saturday night, she did what they call "worship art." She painted a picture of Jesus (above) with different names for Him in the background. It was great! Go AL!!

Here's some of the pictures that Laurel and I took. Well, she took them and I just watched.

BJ, Sidney, Chris, Logan, Lucy, and Allison swinging.

Mirror

My Eye

Alex's Jesus

Worship

Tree and Sky

Some Kids and Me

Some Cute Girls Playing Soccer

9th Grade Skit

Anna Preparing for the 11th Grade Skit


A Flower


Ok I think that is all I have to say. Sorry it's so long and boring!

Byeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...