This weekend was different than any other weekend I've had in Auburn so far... Maybe the BEST!! (Shout out to Carroll Anna Troy who is sitting next to me right now, giving me great inspiration for this post.)
1. To start off the weekend, I skipped my music class. :) hehe I'm so bad. Just kidding. I felt terrible because my teacher, Mr. King, is the sweetest man to ever walk the planet. He has such a kind heart and cares for each of his students so much! I just had to skip though... too much of a time crunch! I used this extra hour to shower and get read in the room of some cool friends, Virginia, Annie, Katherine, and Christa. Poor Virg had to be on campus from 8 until 2, so being ready by 3 was tough for her, but she did it!
2. Once everybody was primped and dressed to the nine's, we met the boys downstairs in the chapter room for a couple pictures. You know I loved this part. We got some good ones! My date was Wes Carter. Hey Wes... You better be reading this! Jess took Estes of course, Virginia went with Clay Johnson, one of our Samford friends, and Annie took John Stuart Yow, a fellow "Trinite." Go Cats.
[Some Sweet Friends]
(Cameron, Kaitlin, Elizabeth, Annie, Jessica, Me)
(Katherine, Leigh Ellen, Jessica, Molly, Virginia)
[Wes and I Just Posing]
3. We were told to meet at the old Bruno's parking lot around 3:30 and that we WOULD BE PULLING OUT OF THE PARKING LOT BY 4:00 PM SHARP!!! Yeah, that didn't happen. We left a little before 5, but it happens. The bus was hot but not as hot as it was outside. Actually they were about even.
[Our Little Group]
(Wes, Me, Clay, Virginia, Estes, Jessica, John Stuart, Annie)
4. I think we asked Wes (he's from Atlanta) how far away were were approximately 75 times. We also asked him what Club Opera was like...... I still find it strange that you've been like 4 times, but it's okay. We know Flipflops is your place! And we will definitely be coming to stay with you so you can take us around to the cool Atlanta night clubs sometime very very soon! Hunter Wallace, you entertained us all more than you will ever know... You funny boy.
5. Club Opera was real cool. The atmosphere was unlike any place I've ever been, and I know we all loved it there! I'm still kinda bitter that they took the dancing poles down but I guess we can't always get what we want. The food was great, and the band was even better.
6. After the short but super fun dancing, we were told it was time to go. We took some time (and some free shirley temples and waters and other drinks) but finally made it back on the bus. This ride was much shorter in my opinion.... But the fact that we were all absolutely STARVING made me really ready to be back in Aubs.
7. Okay. I apologize to Jessica, Estes, Clay, Annie, and John Stuart for "making" us go to IHOP instead of Waffle House. I admit, Waffle House tastes SO good and there's nothing like it, but IHOP is bigger and we were more comfortable than we would have been if we were squished in a tiny plastic booth at the other place. End of discussion. Thanks for wanting IHOP too Wes.
[Clay making everyone wait on him to eat his extra pancakes.]
8. Enough about formal..... On to Saturday! Alabama lost..... enough said. Auburn barely won, but a win's a win! We hung out by the awesome Creekside pool and soaked up some sun for part of the afternoon, then Estes, Jessica, Katherine, and I went to the store to get some TAILGATE FOOD!! Yeeee I love football games and cooking and eating with friends! We watched the game at Clayton's and had a good old time.
[FOOOOD]
[The girls at Clayton's]
(Annie, Jessica, Molly, Me, Mallory, Katherine)
(Kathleen, Christian, Virginia)
9. Everybody kept hazing me on Saturday night since it was my last night as a pledge!! I should have reported them but it was just so out of hand that I decided to leave it alone. I dealt with it and overcame my obstacles.
10. I'm kidding about #9...... to an extent.... Estes.
11. Initiation was bright and early on Sunday morning.... So bright and early that I didn't have time to eat breakfast..... Which led to me passing out during the final minutes. Yeah, I completely blacked out and fell over. But once that orange juice was in me, I was good as new! I wasn't the only one who experienced this painful embarrassment. 4 or 5 other girls did as well! Crank up that air next year! P.S. Thanks mom for bringing Mur up there o pin me! You're the best mommy eveerrr!
12. The good news is..... I'M AN OFFICIAL ALPHA GAMMA DELTA!! Yippieee!! I love my sorority so much! And my friends! And my college! And my family! And War Eagle!

Thanks Sally! I love you!
ReplyDeleteYes a great inspiration found in this blog and the points defined and the picture shared is excellent to see.
ReplyDelete__________________
Urgent Dissertation Delivery