Friday, January 7, 2011

Arizona, Here We Come!!

If we agreed about nothing else this winter break, my brothers and I were in total agreement that this was the best Christmas ever.  We had tons of fun times with family and friends, and each got amazing presents! I know that's not what Christmas is all about (so glad baby Jesus was born for us!!), but it sure made us happy!  Will got a duck hunting trip to Arkansas, Phillip got tickets to see Alabama in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando, and I got the most amazing trip package ever to Arizona!!  And guess what..... I LEAVE TOMORROW!!

For those of you who didn't know, Auburn is playing Oregon in the BCS National Championship on Monday, January 10, 2011.  Ok, got that out of the way.  My mom and I are taking off from Montgomery at 10 am and arriving in Phoenix around 1:00.  I am beyond ready to be there.  Today, we ran errands for about 20739 hours, and the WHOLE time we talked about how excited we were.  Yep.. I think it's safe to say that Mom is almost 100% All-In for Auburn.  FINALLY!!!  She still will cheer for Alabama when they're not playing Auburn, though.  I think she realizes that one of her kids goes there now, one is going next year, and tons and tons of her money is going to Aubs... So all that, along with the fact that Auburn is just plain great, has made her totally convert.  Phew!

We're staying in Scottsdale all three nights and four days.  I'm pumped about Sunday because we have a free day to do whatever.  I went to Arizona with my fellow FBC seniors for spring break in 12th grade.  (So, so, so, soooo fun and such an amazing experience!!) It was one of the most beautiful place I've ever been.  My favorite part.... NO HUMIDITY!! Just kidding.  Actually, no I'm not.  The mountains and cacti and dirt and blue skies were wonderful as well!  

Well, it's about time for me to go to bed. I just painted my fingernails orange to be sure I'm showing my school spirit 24/7.  (My mom just asked me what I was doing, and when I said blogging she was in shock.  Sorry for my lack of posts.  I feel like I have to say that every time.)  Ahhhhh Arizona!!!  Here. I. Come!!  I hope to see tons and tons of friends and familiar faces out there! :)

War Eagle Y'all!!!  Go Auburn!!  Beat Oregon!!  Track 'em Tigers!!  Kick 'em in the butt Big Blue!! 



I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work. 

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. 

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. 

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. 

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. 

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. 

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God." 

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it. 

-George Petrie (1945)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...