Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Food with Jessica

Hey Hey Heyyyy!

This weekend has been so fun!  (And it's not even over.. THANK you Martin Luther King!)  Thinking back on it, if I had to pick one thing that stands out the most, it would be the amount of food consumed by all.  Yeah, this is going to be a weird one.

1)  Friday afternoon, Estes made his ten thousandth journey from Samford to Auburn and he, Jessica, George, Will Salter, and I went out to eat at the Auburn Oyster Bar.  None of us had been here before so we were excited/nervous to check it out.  But hey, turns out it was a great choice!  George and the waitress had a little thing for each other, which was interesting.................. But we all loved our food and everything and I'd say it was a success.

2)  After a long and eventful night in Aubs, Little Italy was calling our names.  By this time, a couple of Estes and George's little Sigma Chi pledges had joined us.  (Haaayy Andy and Ben!)  We got some greasy, meaty, greasy pizza and pepsi not coke and after George told some girls that they were in high school, we left.

3)  What's the first thing on our minds when we wake up???? Food of course.  Poor Estes had to leave us (We're all still really really really sad, Estes.), so Jessica, George, Andy, Ben, and I were ready for our first meal of the day.  We had a lot of trouble deciding where to go.  Niffer's was our first try, and the 45 minute wait was a definite "no."  Jessica, brilliant as she is, suggested the Creole Shack.  We drove out to it, weren't sure what to expect when we saw it, and went inside.  The artwork was a little..... cheap. As were the menu's, silverware and napkin holders (aka tape), but hey, we're not complainin'!!  The food was real good!  Thanks Jessie!  That was fun.  I laughed so much.

4)  After we were all stuffed from the chicken fingers, crab claws, fried pickles, pork chops, creole stuff, and whatever else we got, we decided that a little cupcake would be nice.  GiGi's was calling our names!!  The boys might have been a little hesitant to enter, but Jess and I forced them through the doors.  If Estes was there, he wouldn't have cared.  We got our wedding cake and red velvet cake cupcakes with mile high icing, and hit the road.  (If you've never been to GiGi's, you're SERIOUSLY missing out! Ask Annie Stephens!)

5)  A couple hours later, after visiting with some cool Samford kids (minus Estes), we decided it was dinner time.  Soooooooo, Jessica, Kristen, Will Salter, George, Wes, Clay, Owen (Shout out to the new Twitter user btw), and I went to the classic Acapulco's.  Ok, I wanted to go to Fuji, but I wasn't gonna fight anybody over it.  Wes was miserable because after asking for ONLY chicken and cheese in his quesadilla, he found "green things" and onions.  He cried a little but then he was fine.  It took a few days to wash the smell of Mexico off of my body but I managed.  In my opinion, it was good, not great.  That's just my opinion though.

6)  Ok, this was the longest gap of not having food, so it was time for something good.  Jessica and I went to First Baptist Opelika (Woo traditional service) this morning.  Literally within one second, we decided we MUST go to Pannie George's for lunch.  You seriously cannot beat this place.  They have the BEST soul food I've ever had.  The macaroni and cheese?  PERFECT.  The fried chicken, green beans, and cornbread were so amazing as well.  I'd have to say that this is my favorite restaurant in Auburn, and I think I'll have to go there every day for the rest of the semester.  MAYBE Estes will be here next time to go with us.



(Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans, and Cream Corn at Pannie's)

Well, I just blogged about a lot of food.  I feel like Paula Deen.

Anyways, this was a really fun weekend.  Meeting new people, hanging out with friends, and eating good food... how can you go wrong with that??  (It would have been better with Estes the whole time, but we managed.)

1 comment:

  1. this made me grin. considering i have done this with every school that i visit...

    but have yet to do it in au. imma get on that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...