Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break, So Great

I kind of want to cry as I'm writing this.... I'm just so sad that spring break is over.  Not just any spring break, but my Sophomore one.... OF COLLEGE.  Gosh, where does the time go??  This was my 14th spring break since starting school.  Wow.  All that aside, this might have been my favorite spring break to date.  

I definitely have been on some great family vacations over the years, though.  Last year we went on a cruise to Mexico and Phillip won the jackpot in bingo so we were upgraded to the "Royal Suite" for most of the trip.  That story always makes me laugh.  Thanks again, Phil!  When I was younger, we would take scuba diving trips over spring break.  Those were always so great!  Senior year was wonderful too.  I went with the FBC seniors on a mission trip to Tucson, Arizona.  This definitely was a rewarding spring break.  Mission trips always are!

[Anne, Me, Jessica, and Becca in Tucson]
[Throughout the week, we went house to house telling people about Jesus!]

[Last Year - In Our "Royal Suite" and In Some Car My Dad Rented....]

Buuuut, this year was different!  My best friends stayed with me at my beach house for a week.  I mean, what's better than that??  The weather was beautiful each day.  The only rainy day was omitted from our trip because we slept through the storm.  Whoops.  Speaking of sleeping, we slept in until around 11 or so every day which was SO nice.  With early classes, I can't tell you the last time I've slept that late!  Our moms sent some pretty awesome food that we continuously snacked on throughout the trip.  Somehow, we had tons left and had to throw it out because it wouldn't fit in the car on the way home.  That's a whole other story, though.

BBBIIIIIGGGGGG shout out to the Samford Sigma Chi freshmen! (Alpha Omicron pledge class, to be specific.)  For real, y'all are the greatest.  You are all so sweet and welcoming and personable, and just tons of fun to be around!  And good lookin' of course!  Ok, I MIGHT have gotten a LITTLE teary-eyed when I had to say goodbye Thursday night.  I give everyone who reads this permission to make fun of me all you want, but I get attached to people/things that I like!!

[Some Wonderful People Right Here!]


[Ben and Baker! Great Guys!]

[Jessica's 20th Birthday was Tuesday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!]

[Catherine Gayle and Olivia - Cutest Girls on the Beach!]

[Movie night with Kristen and Carroll Anna!]

Anyways, to sum it all up, this was the perfect spring break.  I love my family more than anything, but being with my precious friends for seven days straight just can't be beat!  Man, I could think of so many funny things that happened this week, but I have a really, really bad memory so i's kinda difficult.  Ever wonder why I'm such a bad story teller???  There ya go.  

Great Food + Sun + Funny Things Happening ("Mini's") + BFF's + New Friends + ZERO School =

HEAVEN on EARTH!

[I Just Love Y'all So Much!]

This song was played at least twice during every car ride, thanks to the coolest guy eva, Jack Poundstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...