Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time away from Montgomery

Phillip, Mom, and I took a quick day trip to Atlanta on Saturday. Even though I LOVE my city, we all know that Montgomery can get real boring. Soooo, the three of us woke up at 6:30, got ready, and headed up I-85.


First, we went to the World of Coke. Yes, I felt like the ultimate tourist, but it was soo worth it. It's weird to think that there is so much history behind this little drink that lots of us have every day.


After that, we ate lunch at Mary Mac's Tea Room. Thanks Jess for the idea! It was reaaaalll good. We had tons and tons of food left over.... I'm pretty sure if we had of sat there long enough we would have ate it, though. Seriously, everything I ate was delicious... Chicken fingers, fried okra, macaroni and cheese, lima beans, rolls, cornbread, cinnamon rolls, pecan pie.... that was just ME.



Okay, now for the rest of the day. We headed over to Turner Field for my second Braves game. Mom got us some amazing seats. There were two rain delays but we just decided to stick it out, and I'm so glad we did! Even though the Brave's lost, we still had a great time at the game. What was the best part you ask??? The Braves (official twitter account) retweeted me. Yes, this is the only cool thing that has ever happened to me, so I'm gonna keep soaking it in. Maybe it's not that big of a deal but I'm just going to pretend like it is.

Here's the picture that was retweeted! Rough, I know.


Well, that was our Atl. day! Can't wait to go back and do some shoppinggg. :)

On Sunday, after the wonderful College Choir practice (tonsss of fun btw), I decided to go up to Birmingham to spend a couple nights with my cousin Lauren and her husband Joey. And their two precious kids, of course! The Epperson's were going to be there also for Weston's orientation at Samford, so it was just the perfect time! Estes has a new house so it was fun to get to go see it. Love it Est!!

Pretty much all I did was eat, hang out with great friends, eat, and hang out with friends some more. Olexa's in Mountain Brook..... Best place ever. Go there if you haven't. Also, we went to Chuy's at the Summit on Sunday night. If you want to get your money's worth, DON'T fill up on chips and salsa!! Last night, Monday night, Jessica, Estes, Sarah, and I picked up our friend Virginia and we went to dinner at Bongiorno for some Italiannnn foooddd.

Lauren needed some help with her blog (check it out) so Jessica, Virg, and I came to the rescue!! Well, I really didn't know how to do anything but I tried. By the way, thanks so much Lauren for letting me stay!! I can't wait to come back!

Weellllll, that's about it for now. I simplified my blog if you didn't notice. I was ready for something a little simpler. So, here ya go.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new look of your blog! Like your choice of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...