Tonight we had our last chapter for the year!! It was also senior chapter, so the senior pledge class did a bunch of special things, told funny stories, and passed down lots of awards. Wanna know which award I got??? I bet you can pretty much guess without me even saying....... "SOCIAL NETWORK QUEEN!" I feel like now I actually have a real reason to blog, tweet, and facebook (I guess it's a verb now?). Gotta live up to my title!! Thanks Maggie McKinney for passing it down!! Oh, and congrats Allison on your engagement!!! I'm so happy for you, and I know you couldn't be more excited!! Yay squirrels!
In other news, I'm pretty sure this is the worst weather day Alabama has ever experienced.... At least since I've been alive. Tuscaloosa, Cullman, Birmingham, Dadeville, and I'm sure many other towns have been devastated by tornados within the past few hours. I'm just praying for all the people who have lost loved ones (the last death count I heard was 40) and who have lost their houses, cars, pets, properties, favorite restaurants (for real, that's sad), and whatever else those dumb things destroyed. It's hard to fathom that this really happened.
(Stole these from twitter)
[Cullman]
I hope and pray that all my Tuscaloosa friends are okay! I know cell phone service hasn't been the best, and the power is definitely out.
Let me quote the Toomer's Oaks' twitter real quick: "Prayers with everyone in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and beyond. We're all in the same family tree tonight."
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6




No comments:
Post a Comment